Clinically proven to reduce arthritis pain, swelling and pain medication use
The OrthoCor™ Active System™ utilizes specialized Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) technology – clinically proven to reduce pain, swelling, and provide lasting relief without the use of pain medication or invasive procedures.
Key clinical findings include:
- 60% reduction in chronic knee pain (1)
- 55% reduction in pain medication use, 50% reduction in IL’1b (objective marker of inflammation) and 66% greater reduction in post-operative pain (2)
- 7x faster reduction in acute injury induced edema (swelling) (4)
1) F.R. Nelson, R. Zvirgulis, A.A. Pilla, “Non-invasive electromagnetic field therapy produces rapid and substantial pain reduction in early knee osteoarthritis: a randomized double-blind pilot study,” Rheumatology International, March 2012.
2) Rohde, “Effects of Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields on Interleukin-1 and Postoperative Pain: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Pilot Study in Breast Reduction Patients,” Am Soc of Plas Surg, vol. 125, pp. 1620-1629, 2010.
3) T.Y. Fukuda, “Pulsed Shortwave Treatment in Women With Knee Osteoarthritis: A Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial,” Phys Therap, vol. 91, pp. 1009-1017, 2011.
4) A.A. Pilla, “State of the Art in Electromagnetic Therapeutics: Soft Tissue Applications,” Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine, F Ber-sani, ed., Plenum, NY, 1999, pp. 871-874.